Thursday, October 23, 2008

Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes


I threw this recipes together because I had some canned pumpkin and extra boxes of cake mix to use. These are super easy and very yummy. The kids love them. They are so moist that you can serve them without frosting and they are totally delish. I took them to a play date a few days ago and all of the kids gobbled them up. In this picture I used a cream cheese icing on the top. I also have an obsession with crumb cake, so I made a few with a crumb topping too.

Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes
w/ cream cheese icing
1- 15oz can Pumpkin
1- box Yellow cake mix
4- oz Cream Cheese (if desired)
1/2 to 1 Tbls pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
Pinch more Cinnamon
2 eggs
1/4 cup cooking oil
Mix together and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
Makes 24
*Cream cheese is not necessary. I just used it because I had extra from the frosting. You could also make these without eggs or oil. They wouldn't be as fluffy but they would be plenty moist.

Cream cheese Icing
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1-2 tbls milk
Mix cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Then add milk a little at a time until the icing is the right consistency for you.


For the pumpkin crumb cake version. Just Add crumb topping before cooking.
3 tlbs butter/margerine
1/2 cup floor
1/2 cup brown sugar
mix with pastry tool or fork (if you have a getto kitchen like mine!)

No comments: