Saturday, May 30, 2009

Breakfast Pizza


So this is pretty simple. A spin on some common breakfast foods. Not that blog worthy but Malitha asked for the recipe ;)

Breakfast Pizza



What you need:

Pizza crust (This is the recipe I use)

4-6 eggs scrambled

Sausage/White Gravy (use a jar, a package, or make your own!)

Cooked Meat toppings (options: sausage, bacon, or ham)

Cheese (I prefer a good Cheddar but anything will do)

Layer gravy, eggs, meat and cheese. Bake at 400 for approx. 10-15 min or until cheese is melted and crust is brown. Always follow your pizza crust directions before mine though! Some times we add some onions or mushrooms. Adding some fresh chopped garlic is a yummy treat too.
I use home made pizza dough so we make the crust the night before and put it in the fridge. I take it out and let it sit at room temperature while I cook the meat and gravy before rolling the dough out.
This is a simple fun breakfast. This kids love to help put all of the toppings on. And they eat it like... well like it's pizza.

P.S. We love making pizza's with a twist. Maybe I will make a post with our favorite pizza's someday.

1 comment:

malitha said...

Thanks, Megs! Always looking for new ideas for stuff to cook. You can bet that if you're making it, I want to try it. :) BTW those candy bar bouquets are super cute, too! Love all your craftiness!